----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
"Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com> writes:
I've been off and on the list since it was based in Canada, Walt.
Dr. Booth (mhsrip) was the "critisizer in chief" and his legacy has
been a custom of blunt criticism when someone was judged to be
wrong.
Dr. Booth was seldom wrong, but those who follow his custom
sometimes are, and then the arguments begin.

I don't recall Marshall EVER getting in the middle of a flame war or
personally attacking anyone.  He might tell them they were wrong, in
fairly direct terms, on the basis of the facts or his experience, but I
don't recall any personal attacks or insults....snip