OK Don,

I used that with a coupling to press out the LBJs on my '95 E300, and used
Rusty's rental press to install the new ($35 to rent it, cost me ~$18 to ship
it
insured back to Rusty).  I also have a couple of sets of 3/4 and 1/2 impact
sockets from HF, one of which I used to help press out the joint (socket on the
top of the joint, coupling on the bottom to hold the control arm).

I will send you the coupling with the M0085, please send it back when you're
done.  Is January OK to ship?  Need to send me your address.

A colleague who has a machine shop at his home made this coupling for me.  He
had a piece of scrap that was almost exactly the right size diameter.  He said
the material is "harder than woodpecker lips" and I believe him.  I also used a
oxygen/Mapp gas torch to heat the control arm at the LBJ to about 500 degrees F
(measured using my HF non-contact thermometer) which made the old joints come
out very easily.  I bought the torch for $55 at our local Tractor Supply store,
which is a pretty cool chain similar to Fleet Farm or Farm & Fleet.  Our local
Lowes sells the fuel tanks for it; I've found that I used about four O2 tanks
for each Mapp tank.  I've used the torch many times now - it really is a nice
addition to the tool box!

-Max