Yes - another good method to use, both for removing and installing.  Combined
with heat and pressure applied straight/flush, the job isn't too bad at all.

-Max

________________________________
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tue, December 21, 2010 8:57:35 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 rear suspension rebuild - who's BTDT?

I had one joint that didn't want to press in.  Rather than springing
the press, I put tension on it, maybe 50 ft-lb, then whacked the end
of it with a 4 lb hammer, then tighten, whack etc.  this way the
press came out looking the same as it started.

The other side went right in.    (jus' like the book sez)