On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:
> Alex Chamberlain wrote:
>> Whoops, I didn't notice the Lovecraft Biofuels logo on the thingy
>> (veggie oil heater, presumably) at the lower right of the engine.
>> Danger, Will Robinson!
>
> I almost asked what that thing with the big heart on it was.

The infamous Lovecraft company opened a veggie oil "conversion" shop
in a hip neighborhood in Portland during the last biofuels boom,
around 2005.  I used to pass it every day on my way to work.  There
were always a half-dozen interesting cars in front---not just Mercedes
but '80s Japanese diesel pickups, pre-TDI VWs, once a Scout IIRC.  The
shop is closed now.

Alex