Actually, some do.

Hospitals and government buildings are required by code to have a minimum
amount of fuel on site based on full load consumption over a fixed period of
time.

I saw plenty of places in my day that had large fuel supplies, mainly because
the tanks were cheap at the time of construction or the specifying engineer
though that "more must be better!"

The major problem with large volumes of diesel is keeping it stable over long
periods of time.

If you think getting algae in your MB tank is a mess, try the same in a 10,000
gallon tank.

It spreads rapidly, and in a matter of days will destroy the system and do some
major damage to the fuel system if it isn't caught and remediated before
running the unit.

Not a pretty sight to see, and VERY expensive to fix.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone