So, no Klima on Dan's model.

The linked post below makes it appear that the MAS may control A/C functions.
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showpost.php?p=126705&postcount=13

Post #4 here, says something different:
http://mbworld.org/forums/190e-w201/48220-c-compressor-relay-92-190e-2-6-a.html

Hmmm...

if one of these relays is taking over some Klima functions, I wonder (shooting
from the hip) if it works like the Klima does on my '85 W123…
"if freon pressure is lost, a pressure switch tells the Klima to turn off the
compressor solenoid, saving the compressor from damage."

I know they changed the configuration and function of this thing many, many
times but here's my schematic (all I can find)… maybe it'll jog a memory or
point to a possibility until the real schematic appears.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GMQYuBJUv3hTB_4vilWnuB_L548h0FhsE9Lwz-quTRM?feat=directlink

Dave
SoCal

For completion, according to the manual the two other functions on a 1985 W123
Klima are:
(1) when the engine is started, the relay keeps the compressor solenoid off
until 10 seconds after the engine speed has reached 600 RPM. This "improves
engine speed stabilization after startup."
(2) with engine speed less than 1050 RPM, when the accelerator is floored, the
compressor solenoid is released until the engine reaches 2150 RPM or the
accelerator is released. This function is controlled by a microswitch on the
valve cover.