The speed laws are there to provide some protection to the driving public.
We are not prepared to ban a lot of people with doubtful abilities and we do not do enough to train drivers and to re-train and re-test periodically, so we need to have limits low enough that we can survive some of the accidents that happen like the one that just got Clay.
If the lady in the Suzuki had been going 80 mph, he might not now be here.

Randy