You ask, I answer, tempered with a very old school education during which
study of the history of the formation of our government and the
Constitution was a required course of study over 12 years.

As founded and as intended, [study Federalist papers for legislative intent
of words used to write Constitution, come back to me in 5 years],
government was only formed to serve We the People for very specific and
carefully enumerated purposes. Much of the wording of Constitution is
dedicated to very specifically limiting the powers and actions of
government and very specifically ensuring all powers not specifically given
to the government SHALL [very exacting legal word] reside with the States
[who are also very limited by the Constitution in their powers] and to the
Citizens [spelled with a capital letter to annotate the superior powers
reserved to Citizens].

I was taught, and clearly understand, that ALL powers not specifically
granted to government, SHALL and DOES reside with the Citizens [legal ones
only]. Further, what is given can be taken back by the original grantor,
Said powers reside with Citizens, they are granted to government to be used
only under good stewardship. At ANY time, should the Citizens [We the
People] so choose, said powers can be revoked. The powers given to
government are neither permanent, nor non-revokable. They can be withdrawn
at any time the Citizens so choose, by any means deemed necessary.

As evidence of this power, see, 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment, et al.

Government workers [and elected representatives] take an oath to uphold the
Constitution, before they can serve in office. This act of oath taking
manifests their agreement to the power of the document and the powers
reserved to the Citizens. Breach of oath of office holds serious
consequences. Unfortunately, We the People have failed to hold said elected
representatives accountable [POTUS on down, even IRS agents take the oath].
Failure to promptly execute charges does not relieve them from misdeeds. As
a function of law, there is no statue of limitation on fraud. Breach of
oath of office is fraud.

I relinquish the soap box to the gentleman from xxxxx.

Grant...

Who served on the floor of the House of Representatives as a Congressional
Aid for some time when there were actually Statesmen rather than
professional politicians holding office.
One of those being my Father.