Omega motors in Portland is a good indy, and I'll try him first.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of
Dieselhead
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 6:47 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D Mystery Bolt????- UPDATE

>Good news!  We pulled the pulleys and there appears to be no damage to
>the crankshaft.  The 2 keyways are semicircular, the keys are little
>cylinders about 9mm in diameter and about 10-12 mm long.  I've never
>seen other than rectangular keys before.  Apparently once the
>Belleville washers are gone they just fall out, causing slippage of the
>pulleys (but saving the keyways on the crank and pulley).  The bolt
>remains will have to be drilled to be pulled.  We may be able to get
>this done on my boy's next day off if I can source a new bolt locally.
>
>Thanks again for all the help!!!
>
>Greg

Get a OE bolt.  You want  the real thing.  It is a stretch bolt.  You can by
one from a junkyard, someone on the list may have one for free, or try
Potomac German, or one of the many vendors in the Star.
A quick search for a crankshaft or engine block on car-part.com will give
you a long list of junkyards that have the engine.  Then you can call them
and ask if they will sell you a crank bolt.  As last resorts, you can
contact a stealership or the classic center.