This is the textbook difference between direct and indirect injection isn't it?

-Curt

Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 00:18:34 -0400
From: Michael Canfield <slozuk...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] my kinda car

I disagree.  I own nothing but Diesels of many types and every one but the
Mercedes is very sensitive to RPM when efficiency is in mind.   Only the
Benz seems to like to rev and still get great figures.  My Powerstroke will
pull near 22 mpg if you never let it over 2000rpm while towing a 6500 pound
truck.  It gets 16 if you don't.  My 6.2 will pull 25 empty @55mph but run
65 with no OD and it drops dramatically to 15.

Google high mpg Cummins.  There are trucks out there that will go like hell
and are pulling 50+ empty.

Mike