Try adding some quinoa to the mix. We got some bread that has it from Whole
Foods, it gives a neat nutty flavor. Also adds a complete protein to the bread
making it much more nutritious.

-Curt

Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:50:43 -0500
From: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - buymbparts is drinking tea and eating pancakes

We use all whole grain flours from Bob's Red Mill. You can find some of it
the stores, but we've taken to ordering it from them - it arrives at the
front door, no muss, no fuss.
By adding "gluten flour", you can use any other combination and still get a
nice textured loaf. My wife has also stopped using the bread pans
altogether - just forms long rounded loafs and bakes them on a pizza stone.
Works great.
I think the current version uses spelt and buckwheat flours primarily, with
some of the gluten flour. Yes, the Kitchen Aid is great for kneading it -
been using it for 30+ years now.