Peter wrote:
> I've got some nice tinned
> steel pans I bought from Williams-Sonoma about 30 years ago that are just
> too big and don't have straight enough side.  Don't know what to do with
> them, too nice to toss out but I never use them.

Maybe sell them to someone here that makes bread?  What size are they?
 What price do you need?  Do you drink Assam tea? as barter?

All this talk of flour.  Doesn't anyone grind their own flour?  We
grind our flour and make bread by hand knead.  We make a very tasty
sourdough Polish bread that is full of different seeds and tasty.
Also, we used to add gluten to bread to make a better loaf but have
quit using gluten entirely.  I forget what got us away from gluten.
We usually make rye with molasses and then also the Polish sourdough.
Bread is too nice to not make at home, fresh ground.  My first grinder
I would spend 2 hours grinding by hand for a batch of bread.  Then I
bought some sheaves and belts at grainger, added a washing machine
motor and let electricity do the work.  A friend had a nice wood cased
electric grinder that was attractive, but when I called Retsel in
McCammon, ID, the guy convinced me that ugly but fully cleanable was
best, so we use the Retsel - not cheap, but very durable stone
grinder.
mao