Wilton wrote:
> I knew all of the intimate details of the nuclear weapons and/or
> conventional weapons (as appropriate) in our huge bomb bay and how to use
> them...

25 years ago I remember taking the kids to Peterson AFB in Colorado
Springs at one of their open house days.  We were allowed to walk
right up under a B-52, if I recall correctly.  I recall being amazed
at how small the bomb carrying compartment in the middle of the
airplane seemed.  I had in mind seeing war footage that showed bombs
dropping from B-52 and that compartment did not seem capable of
carrying that many bombs.  I guess you also carried bombs under the
wings?  I just recall being amazed that we would fly that huge
airplane for hours, refuel, spend a few minutes dropping bombs at Nam,
and then fly hours back to be re-armed.  I was no peacenik, but... it
seemed like a lot of effort to spend hours traveling to spend minutes
dropping bombs.  That was my impression.  These days? - I tire of war
efforts, again, not being much a peacenik, just tired of the seeming
futility of the jazz that goes in to seeming peace keeping efforts.
So... call me peacenik... whatever.
mao