I had a 1998 Crown Vic for a company car when I lived in Indianapolis.  While
there's nothing outstanding about them in general, they are pretty durable, get
decent gas mileage considering the HP/weight ratio, and are relatively
comfortable to cruise on the highway in (not compared to a W126 or W140,
however.)

They're pretty cheap to maintain as well.

I will say that they suck major league in any kind of snow or slippery surface.
 Mine couldn't get up the driveway when it was wet or with even a light dusting
of snow.  Granted, some of that is due to it being a rear wheel drive car, but
the ass end was so light compared to the rest of the car you had to be really
careful when applying power in slippery situations or you would end up doing an
unintentional doughnut.

Dan