Andrew Strasfogel wrote:
> I am not a raging militarist, but how can we turn our backs on the
> barbarism that is ISIS?
Wiltons story is a personal view of the war, and that's understandable since he
was heavily involved in it.

If one takes an objective view of both wars that were fought in S.E.Asia, it's
reasonable to say that they were justified because they stopped the spread of
communism in that area.

The policy involved in fighting these wars has been placed on the officer corp
of WW-2 who saw the fallacy of isolationism during the 1930s.  Their conclusion
was that it is better to take the war to the enemy rather than wait for the
enemy to bring the war to us
.
This is obviously what we have done in both S.E.Asia, and the Middle East.  Was
this the best policy then, and is it still the best policy?
Gerry