I am going to miss driving my old 300D.
It will go into the garage next Friday and not emerge for use until some time in the spring - April or May depending on the weather come spring. My insurance runs out on Halloween so that is always the day that it retires for the winter months. I have driven it more this summer than I have in most of the past summers I think. Not sure how many miles as I have not gone far afield with it, but I have been driving it to and from work and all over town for various purposes. It runs better since I adjusted the valves back in the summer. It certainly starts better on the cooler days. It used to be hard to start if it got near to 0 C but now that poses no problem at all. It still needs a whole lot of little things attended to but they don't prevent my enjoyment of it so they have been left on the back-burner, so to speak. It does not shut off when the key is turned off - most of the time. I sometimes wonder if I am going to wear out the hood release cable since I have to open the hood so often. The headlights are terrible. I changed the whole lense and bulb setup on both sides a year or so ago but they are not much better than before. Low beam is way too short. I should try adjusting the headlights upward a bit and see how much improvement I can get that way. Too much traffic on the road so difficult to run on high beam much of the time. No dash lights now either. Used to be able to fiddle with the rheostat and get them to work dimly but now nothing. Don't drive much at night so it has not been a big problem this summer but need to address that one as a safety issue and to preserve the car. Don't want to overheat or lose oil pressure and not even know it. Back seat needs rebuild as it sounds pretty crunchy if one sits on it. Need to do something before the MB tex gets damaged. Had the front seats repadded a while ago but think maybe something metal broke in the driver's seat this summer. Heard a snap sound one day and since then I don't think the support is as good.
Need to check that out.

Randy who envies you folks down south (except when it is really hot and humid down there)