<<GM did make a two speed based on the powerglide that needed to be manually 
shifted. The name of that unit escapes me but I'm sure it will come to me soon 
enough. It may
have been called Torque Drive.>>

I rented a Chev once that had a goofy automatic called Turbo Glide. Maybe it 
was a Powerglide with a 
torque converter. Or sumpin'. I know there was a warning not to do something 
or other while driving it. So, I did it, but it didn't explode.


Reply via email to