Thanks Rich.  I think the easy route will be to bypass the fader, I'd like
to figure out how to do that without cutting off the fader connector so
that it can be restored to stock in the future.  I'm not having much luck
finding a DIY on the intertubes for which pins to jumper (or run new wires
to) in order to route sound signal to the rear speakers.

Aux input: yes, it looks like hacking into the cassette board will be the
best option, if I can't figure out how to use the CD changer inputs.  I'm
not sure how to approach that yet, may need an o-scope to sample the
signals.

Max
Charleston SC