Traction and noise.  Round shape is not sufficient.  I've bought two
or three cars that came with Michelin tires, which looked great but
wouldn't hold the road.  Bad experiences can improve wisdom, which
leads to good judgement.  In my case that process can take years...

I know how my wife drives; I need good tires!  In my estimation,
Michelin tires are expensive for what you get.  I would probably be
suspicious of their traction once they had more than a few years on
them, so I'd rather pay less for a tire that has the same or better
traction verified by testing (TireRack.com), but then again the tested
tire size is rarely the same as any of my cars, YMMV, TANSTAAFL, void
where prohibited by law, etc etc etc.

-Max