On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, John Berryman wrote:

>       It will be in section 33 of 123 manual. They call it a brake
> support aka track rod. Pretty straight forward. It would be a good
> idea to count the turns when removing the tube from the support and
> put it back the same way. Get a bushing kit for the front and a
> support/bearing/mount whatever you want to call it. You'll have to
> rassle the control arm around to get the bolts back in. Removing the
> springs may facilitate this. Plan on getting an alignment too.

Thanks for the info

> How's the rest of your front end?

Squeaky and creaky, mostly on the passenger side.  Sound "seems" to
be coming from the rearward end of the track rod, but it's hard to
tell for sure.  Audible squeaking when bouncing the front of the car.
Shocks are recent, everything else is unknown.

1983 300D
1966 230

Reply via email to