Then your pump must be a different design. Mine has two external pistons and a
slotted lever with a sliding pin. It also has a foot pedal that operates the
quick-lift in addition to the handle. If the pin doesn't slide, then the
smaller slow rise piston doesn't go down and all that works is the bigger
quick-rise. The jack is several years old, so it may be an early design. It
came from Autozone.
Gerry