I know fuel  additives are verboten on this list but in the winter I add a
couple ounces of Howes  Diesel  Treat to each tankful. Supposed to boost
cetane, make donkeys fly etc but no gelling in over 10 years even with
subzero temps. OM 602 will start @ 0F without block heater.

Dwight Giles Jr.
1982 300CD
1990 300D