You know if you were Jewish you could just pour a little bit in your lamp and it would burn for 9 nights! A little known benefit!

--R

On 1/11/16 6:55 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
That'll be dyed fuel, can't use it in wick lamps although it'll burn fine in a
pressure appliance like a Colman lamp or lantern.
I need to check if the Jet A is dyed but at $4/gal I doubt it.

-Curt

       From: Mitch Haley <mi...@mitchellhaley.com>
  To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 6:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel gelling and diesel prices
You buy kerosene at the hardware store?
It's 3.599, taxes included, at the Charlotte Speedway station.
http://www.speedway.com/StoreDetails?store=7515

On January 11, 2016 at 2:02 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Our oil company puts a de-watering agent in the oil tank twice a year when
they deliver. Theres a filter at the bottom of the tank that the burner tech
replaces when he services it.
I bought some "Ultra Pure Lamp Oil" to use in my Aladdin lamps in the house
since it doesn't smell like straight kerosene does. It burns good but its
expensive and freezes sold at around 45F. I put mixed it 50:50 with kerosene
and found the smell is still gone and it doesn't freeze at least down to 4F
we've had so far this winter. Interestingly I had another test bottle with 25%
kero and it froze hard at around 35F. I want to experiment with more kero
since the lamp oil is $19/3quarts and kerosene at the hardware store is
$8/gal.Actually the next step is to try Jet A. A friend gave me a few gallons,
it burns great in kerosene Colman equipment and I've been told its good in
wick lamps but I haven't tried it yet. Smells like machine oil, none of the
sulphur smell of kero but not quite like diesel either.
-Curt