My door handle works perfectly EXCEPT when temperatures dip below
freezing.  It's not a lock issue, it's a drainage issue or an issue that
allows water to penetrate into the keyhole and freeze about 1/4" deep into
the keyhole, blocking the key at that point.  Does anyone know whether
water is allowed to penetrate but drain?
.