What is the most cost effective way to convert VHS to dvds? This seems to be capable of the job. Reportedly able to play vhs, convert it to HD through some magic, then record the result on DVD.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-multiformat-dvd-r-rw-r-rw-recorder-vcr-combo-with-hd-upconversion-black/9642774.p?id=1218136061726&skuId=9642774

I've heard some bad things about products from toshiba and its sundry other brands. (Funai, etc) For $260 or less are there better options?

Thanks

I have thoughts of someday reducing the pile of VHS tapes and preserving them on DVD. Right after I get a round tuit, probably. But, I can scheme...