Yeah, I had a high end A to D card in the Beige G3 for #1 son. The next year they came out with the graphite Mac and the A to D was built in. That was nice. Somewhere he may still have his commercial version of Final cut Pro. I have the graphite Mac, but it has not been fired up in probably 6 or 8 years. It will likely run...

I also have a National Instruments A to D card that was $1000 in 1996 or 7. I don't have the labview software nor any way to hook it to any analog inputs, unless I could just cut off RCA cables and put the cut end in the terminal block. I don't think I could figger out how to do the job with it.

Maybe the graphite Mac and OS 8 or 9, whatever is on it might work. Or maybe it might work better with something like 10.2 or 10.3. (but that would require lots of futzing, and probably break the final cut pro.

There is way old computer tech that would fit the mold. An ATI or other video conversion card (PCI) with the hardware could drop into a newer PC and allow you to suck VHS in and digitize it. As a digital file, you could burn it on a DVD. Get five or six movies on a DVD even at the highest resolution and coding

clay