That sounds like a better solution. Fewer $$$, but I'd have to make a winder machine happy. I have a couple whiney winders 7 boxes and the rest are xp. (or server 03). I have not even cranked one up for at least 6-7 months. None will be happy.

You can buy a little usb dongle for cheap to plug in a vhs player or analog camcorder to digitize the tapes on your computer, RCA inputs vid and L/R audio. Then you can do whatever with them, burn to dvd or save to some cloud service or whatever. The dongles come with some rudimentary software to record in some basic format, you can probably find something to do it better or maybe OSs support it directly now. It's been awhile since I did it, had a cheap board in a winders box I pretty much abandoned. The vids came out ok, I thought recently about getting a dongle but then I would need the time to fool with it...

That is cheap and easy.

--R (sent from my miniPad)