You made my day!

Larry

On 12/26/2016 1:54 PM, Dwight Giles via Mercedes wrote:
You won't have to accept my offer. IMHO that car is bullet proof. My 90 had
268k on it & got 30mpg. All original engine & tranny. I am betting not
catastrophic.

Dwight Giles Jr.
1982 300CD
2005 E320 4 matic
Wickford RI

On Dec 26, 2016 1:46 PM, "Larry Turner via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

While waiting for my wife to get home I thought I'd try bleeding the fuel
lines but it's going to have to wait for my wife to get here.  I loosened
all 5 and cranked it over &  I have fuel leaking through the loose fittings
but cannot tell if it is flowing or bubbling, so I'm not sure the air is
all out.

My disability makes it too hard for me to move from the ignition switch to
the engine to check the GP's.    I'm just not fast enough anymore.  ;-(

BTW - I recall the relay being on the Leading side of the Left Front Inner
Fender - is that right, just behind the ABS unit?  There is a nut on the
inboard side and another on the outboard side, right?

There's one more thing nagging at me - when cranking I noticed it seemed to
be spinning over very freely!  Scary feeling I must admit.    I hope I
don't have any broken rings or burned valves!  But I come back to the MPG's
which I checked at every fill up and I have been getting a solid 30MPG +/-
2 mpg's - that's been checked for as long as we have owned it - roughly 10
years.   I'm saying my prayer it's not the engine.   Otherwise I might have
to accept Dwight's $500 offer!

Thanks for the help gang!

LarryT