I broke down and got a jump-start this morning. It really needed to crank
and the battery wasn't up to the job. No heat in the engine, so the block
heater is inoperative. I tried the light bulb trick, with no luck. Now the
question remains, what is my problem? The system glowed perfectly and the
relay is good. Could it be glow plugs? I just had a valve adjustment so
that's not it. My instinct says it's the DieHard battery again. I've had to
replace this roughly every 18 months.