Kaleb,

You mean worn springs don't you?

Trampas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:22 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] sagging rear 126

no bodies etc.  Its a 420 so no SLS.  It has always been my thought that
if its sagging its usually the subframe mounts etc but wondered if
REALLY REALLY worn out shocks could also cause a sag.

John Berryman wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2006, at 12:21 AM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
>

>>Will really worn out shocks cause the rear end of a 126 to sag and
>>have
>>the wheels slightly tilted toward the center at the top(like when car
>>pushed down) or should I look for something else?  Shocks are
>>REALLY bad
>>on this car for starters.  Has 160k miles.
>>--
>>Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
>

>       Have you checked the trunk for dead bodies yet? Water in the spare
> well or lower 1/4 panels? Could be sub-frame mounts or spring
> rubbers.  Springs rarely go bad but it is possible. Does it have SLS?
>
> Johnny B.
> I Mac Therefore I am

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,
  84 250 LWB, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
  76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net