Will really worn out shocks cause the rear end of a 126 to sag and have
the wheels slightly tilted toward the center at the top(like when car
pushed down) or should I look for something else? Shocks are REALLY bad
on this car for starters.  Has 160k miles.

The MB shocks have very little spring action to them as compared
to some other cars, and so aren't responsible for very much of
the ride height.  But the subframe mounts and spring pads are
both rubber and can degrade and cause camber problems.  (So also
can wrecks, the cause of our SDL's original camber problem, though
it didn't sag noticeably.)

-- Jim