So once again I've picked up my 190D from the Indy. Some of you might remember
how it wouldn't shift into reverse. My Indy took the shifter all apart, cleaned
out 21 years of crud and replaced the shift bushings. That took it from a super
sloppy "mystery shifter" (you shift and hope the gear you get is the one you
wanted) to a normal good shifting car. The reverse gate now works exactly as
I'd expect it to, slide to the right, push down, pull back. 5th is now very
easy to get into as well which is good I'm sure my fuel mileage was suffering
by my not shifting into it before.
  ALSO now the shifter doesn't lean so far to the side in 1st and 5th so I can
hook the boot to the base without it pulling the base up, nice.
  I like driving this car so much I'm now thinking I should turn down Fred's
offer of a set of used seat bottoms and instead invest in brand new seat
bottoms and pads for that new seat feel.

  -Curt
  '85 190D "Dory" 234kmi
  '83 240D "Hammie" 254kmi

Yahoo! Mail