People seem to get caught buying the HD Bilsteins from time to time.  I got a
set for my former 300SD and hated them. They were so hard you could feel every
little bump/crack/rock in the road.  In a car that was more of a high
performance sort of vehicle I could see it, but not in an S class.

Knowing what I do now I always go for the standard Bilstein.  On a related
note, a dealer tech I know says that rear shocks rarely ever wear out.  He said
of all the (stock/original) rear shocks he’s replaced over 20+ years he’s
hardly ever found a set that warranted replacement.

-D