The airspeed at the tip of the blades is what counts. I suspect you will find that speed to be just subsonic.

Your 3 turbines are not planted on the worlds best, most productive farmland, as are all the hundreds the taxpayers have purchased for Mid-American Energy. (and other companies)

Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
  Apparently there have been some turbines built in California right in the path of
migratory birds that have been just bird slaughtering machines. Not a problem in most
cases and I suspect a "migratory bird study" is now required for the building
of wind turbines...I'd also guess its a bigger problem with smaller, faster turning
turbines. These 1.5MW units are like 300rpm.

-Curt