Well, probably - as you surely have more knowledge than I at this.

I was just thinking of the ashtray - the deal that can be pulled out by
depressing that metal tab and just removing the ashtray - as if you wanted
to empty it. This, I thought, contains the area where the lighter used to
mount (on the L side). Only the assy. that the lighter would plug into is
gone.

So I'm assuming that there was some assy. pulled out, and the lighter unit
itself came with it.

Can you expand on what you mean by mounting frame?

Or am I correct in assuming that if I get the unit that pulls out by
depressing the metal tab, I have gotten all that I need, and I can simply
place it in, and the lighter should be operational provided none of the
electric circuit has been altered?

I see a little metal tab on the far left that would seem to provide the
current to the lighter assy.? It comes into contact with the ashtray as it
opens.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Brian
83 240D

On 5/18/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wish I'd seen this post earlier. Yup I need a part or two for my 83
> 240D.
> Right off the bat I can think of the ashtray (if it has the lighter in
> it).

You also need the mounting frame too, do you not?

-- Jim