I think the battery packs will limit the usability of old EVs. They are a
LOT more complex and expensive than you'd think.
This guy talks about the battery and charging it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDfV47il5mg
He swapped a Tesla powertrain and running gear into a 1950 Jag sedan.
There was a video of some guy flinging his used Tesla via trebuchet when he
found that a replacement battery was far more than his car was worth.

On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 7:37 AM Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I wonder if these things will ever get to beater status where you could
> buy them cheepcheep and just hoon the hell out of them, or if they will
> just suffer massive multiple system failures to where they couldn’t even be
> rat rodded. I suppose some cult dudes will figure out how to run them with
> raspberry pis controlling basic functions so maybe some hacks will bypass
> all the factory nonsense and you could just flog them unmercifully until
> they melt down
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Nov 12, 2022, at 8:18 AM, mitch--- via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 2022-11-12 07:41, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
> >> Yes, thanks, Karl!
> >> This is good to know, never having even sat in a Tesla. Makes me want
> >> one even less. Although I would like to experience the acceleration.
> >

> > Yeah.  A 3 Performance or any late model S would feel like the
> street/strip cars of our youth on drag tires.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!