I think that the later years of the W115 could be purchased with factory
AC. Our 1970 22D had a dealer installed AC unit when we got it, the two
1976 W115 300D's we had both had factory AC. How to tell the difference?
The MB service manuals covered the factory AC, but the unit in the 220D did
not look at all like the factory units.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 3:52 PM Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On 14/02/2023 3:08 PM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:04:04 -0600 Randy Bennell via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I think, in the W115 it was a dealer installed option so that might
> >> still be something that could be done ...
> > Our 1972 220D/8 (a W115) came with factory-installed AC.
> >

> > Craig
> >
> > _______________________________________
>

> http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/vintage-mercedes-forum/210386-what-first-year-air-conditioning-m-bs.html
>

> Could be - seems to be a subject of debate.
>
> Randy

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun

"In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be
doing it."
        -- Richard W. Hamming, The Art of Doing Science and Engineering
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!