On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 00:49:23 +0000 "dan penoff.com via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Having worked (outside) in that part of the world it’s tough to
> describe how unpleasant that environment is.

Yes, one preferred to be in the shade and my covertible top was up
virtually all of the time.

> Except maybe at night.

I recall driving back to the motel in Barstow one time well after sunset
and pulling off the road by the airstrip. I turned off the car and the
lights to see the stars, which were much more visible there than they were
in Pasadena (another understatement!).

I was concerned about other vehicles coming down the road (though not very
likely), so I turned on the 4-way flashers. A very large jack rabbit
wondered what was going on and came hopping up slowly to see the strange
sight. I let him be and when I started the car to leave he hopped quickly
away.

Craig