On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:31:39 -0500 Allan Streib via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I have been without working A/C in my primary car for many long
> stretches of time. It's definitely nice to have but I've grown
> accustomed to being without it as well.
>
> Phonenix AZ might be another matter however.

The summer after my senior year in college I worked for the Jet
Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, CA. Much of my time was spent at
the Goldstone Tracking Station in the Mojave Desert north of Barstow,
where it got hot.

With the weeks I spent in the desert, I got used to the temperatures out
there (and I have no idea what they actually were). When I came back to
Pasadena, however, I would freeze because it was only 85F (29.4C). I had
to wear a winter jacket to keep warm. I got a lot of strange looks
wearing a winter jacket in Pasadena in the summer.

Craig