Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ
On Jul 11, 2006, at 9:44 AM, R A Bennell wrote:

I guess that might be a good solution. I can certainly fill with diesel if doing this in my garage at home but I was also wondering about what I should do in the event that I ever encounter problems on the road away from home. I plan to carry spare filters with me and wondered if I needed to carry around a small can of diesel fuel. Having a bottle of atf in the trunk wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. Any further comments on whether synthetic atf is ok to run through the ip and engine in that manner is ok of if one should stick with more conventional atf?

Randy B

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Levi Smith
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:01 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Changing out the Fuel Filter Q

Whether or not you have a primer pump, the answers should be yes and yes.

It should fill the filter on it's own, but you may have a dead battery
first, or just adding a lot of wear and tear on your starter and battery if
nothing else.
It's always a good idea to fill the filter before you put it on. Personally
I use ATF to fill it.

Levi