I agree.  THough last time I used USPS, I could order the tape and stickers
for free as well.  But that was a while ago...  (:

Levi

On 7/29/06, Mike Canfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not trying to be smart here but you guys really need to rethink your
shipping.  There is no reason at all to buy boxes!  No reason to buy
packing
materials other than tape.  Get on the USPS website, sign up and have them
ship to you, AT NO CHARGE, as many Priority Mail boxes you want in all
different sizes and shapes.  Free newspapers from the local blab make
great
packing material AT NO CHARGE but to go pick it up.
  Customers never complain about price and speed when the item arrives in
less than a week even if I don't get it shipped out for a couple days or
so.
Flat rate boxes can make things very easy for you as they can be used for
anything that fits in them regardless of weight and only costs $8.10 for
delivery anywhere in the USA, even PR and HI.
  No need for a spreadsheet and such, just a bit of common sense that says
you better cover yourself on the fees so start all auctions at no less
than
$2.99.  You may not make a cent on that item but as long as you ship it
promptly you will gain more positive feedback.  Allot of positive feedback
gets you better bids.  Comments from buyers about how fast the shipping is
gets you ALLOT more bids.  I do all of my auctions from my laptop and hand
write the labels to save costs.  Used to keep all sorts of books and such
but E-bay has made things so easy to deal with that I don't even need the
book at the end of the year to file my taxes.  Just pull up the sales for
the year, print them out and go.
  Anyone who whines about the measly fees that E-Bay and Paypal charge
have
never tried to run a business elsewhere for the same costs.   It won't
happen.  Consider also that I get 1.5% of my fees back just for using my
Paypal debit card.

Mike