This can be sticky and sometimes completely innocent.  Brand new
OM606IP I recently bought on german ebay with the intention of trading
for a rebuild to go into my '87 wagon was weeks arriving even though
I'd paid for 'express' shipping.  Turned out it got to US customs
quick time at which point it was transfered from Deutsch Post to the
good ol' USPS (w/ no tracking) for final delivery.  Took about 3 weeks
to get from JFK to me after taking no time at all to get to JFK from
the fatherland.  SNAFU is to be expected whenever those idiots get
into the act.  Left me a little red faced for the - albeit goot
natured I'll warrant - grief I gave the seller in the interim,
especially after I'd determined that it'd have cost ~$250 to ship the
thing FedEx or DHL instead of the EUR50 I paid for DP.

-j