This is a good point. People buying on eBay have become increasingly
impatient to have their stuff NOW. It's become markedly worse over the last
year. I have to deal with it more than most of you, as shipping from Canada
takes 2-3x your domestic time.

There is a good reason you will see disclaimers in some listings reading
something like "sellers are not responsible for transit time" (comes up
automatically when you specify your shipping cost, in the listing).

What people fail to grasp is that buying from Kaleb or me on eBay isn't the
same as ordering from Amazon.com or some other mail-order outlet with a
dedicated shipping department that cranks stuff out the next day and
probably gets bulk pickups from USPS. I TRY to ship within 48 hours of
payment, but it often takes five to eight days for me to get the item packed
and to the post office.

I've followed this thread on and off and frankly I'm not devestated by what
happened. The seller tried a cheesy ploy and got nailed. Who knows, this may
be a 17-year-old selling this stuff.  On the 1-10 scale of possible eBay
FUBARs, this barely gets beyond 2.

mac