Anytime Tom.

Mike
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Non MB Diesel Question

thaks Mike/Tom Scordato
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Canfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:21 AM

The Volvo 240 series are a GREAT car!  The later models(86-89) had MUCH
better fuel injection than the earlier models. They are IMHO as solid and
probably the only car safer than a MBZ W123 240D.  They handle very well,
hold up to abuse even better and keep you alive in a crash the best.  I
had
a Ford Ranger pull out in front of my 82 240 wagon......TOTALLED the
Ranger
when I hit his passenger front fender, bent the frame and mangled the
whole
front end........I flat towed the Volvo home because when I started it
back
up to move it out of the road the fan punched a hole in the radiator!  It
still tracked straight as an arrow when I let go of the wheel at 50.  Got
an
89 after that and nicknamed it the 12 ga. Volvo after killing 3 deer with
it.....Replaced a couple headlights and straightened out the bent metal
all
3 times and kept right on driving......One of them was a 175 pound doe
that
I hit at 45MPH.  Didn't even see her coming.  EVERY time I drove back
home.

They are extremely easy to work on....Brake pads, while only slightly
larger
than a postage stamp, are a breeze and take a total of 15 minutes per
side.
Nothing else ever seems to need much work but I would compare them with
the
W123 as far as easy to maintain....Maybe even  a bit easier.

Mike