Hendrik wrote:

> Yes but the 'supposed' seller does not make mention of not meeting
> reserve and there is a reserve not met on an auction if that is the case.
> I bid 100 bucks on that phone, it sold for 230 and the spoofer says that
> I can pay my price.

Several years ago, I sold stuff on eBay as a quasi-retail activity.
I'd save off a copy of the bidders list with email addys just
before the auction ended. (the addys were only available to me,
and all but the winner's address became unavilable to me the
minute the auction ended) Anybody whose bid was attractive to
me got an email outside of eBay. If you got that email, it was
a signal that you could have bought it where I bought it much
cheaper. I never went more than 10% below the auction price.

If the email came from somebody who knew your email addy and
the auction you bid on, it probably came from the seller.
The price difference implies that either the bidders are
paying way too much, or the auction is a scam and they are
getting nothing for their money. Is it possible that the
seller is getting the phones for next to nothing from an
outfit like Tracfone, unlocking them by deleting Tracfone's
software, and selling them for a huge profit? Or is it
possible they have a crate of stolen phones?

Mitch