From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mitch Haley
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 6:46 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Second chance ebay offers

Tom Hargrave wrote:

> I've often listed items for sale that did not bid up high enough &
> immediately send out second chance offers right after the items did not
> sell.

Did you ever say to yourself "Hey, that keg tap went high, I'd like to
sell three more to the losing bidders"?

I just remembered the situation where I did that the most. I was buying
100 yard rolls of ultralight fiberglass cloth, cutting it into 5 yard
lengths (fit nicely into a gallon ziploc bag) and selling it on eBay
to model aircraft builders with a $9.99 starting bid. Each package cost
me about $5, so I'd try to sell to everybody who bid, and was happy to
cut eBay out of the commission on the extra sales. With hobby shops
selling it for $3-5 a yard, the buyers were happy too. Hmm, I wonder
if I can still get a 300' x 3' roll of 3/4oz glass for $85?

Mitch.