> Anyhow I am suspicious that some unscrupulous ebayers are using the
> second chance offer system to stick it to the buying public. Bidding up
> their item and then when they end up the winner, due to greed, send out
> second chance offers to try and sell the item.

Shill bidding can't screw you if you NEVER BID MORE THAN YOU'RE
WILLING TO PAY!  Yes, you might end up paying more than you might
have otherwise, but so what?  There'll be another bus along in awhile
if you don't get it.  Bid what you think is a fair price, and forget
about it.  Just MHO.

eBay hasn't added anything to auction lore, it's just exposed
more people to auctions.  You only lose if you don't know how
the game works.

-- Jim