Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 08:36:46 -0700
From: Redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Feeling blue over trying to be green
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Just watched a Modern Marvels show on corn.  The ethanol corn is
being genetically manipulated to produce more starch to better
procure more energy than is needed to make the stuff.  Might be ok
for food crops, but is hybridized to be a fuel crop.

Just because it is corn and makes ethanol, does not mean it is all
used up.  All the left over mush is very rich in protein and oils.
This distillers waste is prime animal feed, so there is extended use
of the product into nice little steaks, chicken strips and bacon.  It
may not be feeding all the poor little black people in africa, but it
is fully used.

And the food price thing is a hoax.  If there were such a huge need
for corn here, we could just reduce the excess corn we have going to
all the poor folks in africa and elsewhere.  Bound to be whole ships
full of that stuff could be better used here to make corn flakes and
high fructose corn syrup.  Which is not really good for you.

clay