On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Water? You water yours?
>  Mine gets watered (and you can tell) where I drag the hose out to water the
> garden...
>  If I get around to installing drip irrigation this year even that will stop.

Ditto.  Jim and I are both in the Pacific NW; he's on the dry side of
the mountains, so I guess he has an excuse, but I'm on the wet side
where the grass gets naturally watered from September through May but
has to fend for itself the rest of the time.  It turns brown, but
comes back from dormancy just fine.  (The only problem is if you live
somewhere with neighborhood association bylaws, gated community
covenants, or some such that forbid any vegetation other than green
lawn year-round.)

Nevertheless, my long-term plan is less grass, more edible permaculture.

Alex Chamberlain