Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 06:44:47 -0700
From: Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Feeling blue over trying to be green
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

> Because a grass lawn is a monoculture with the majority of ecological
> niches vacant, it requires a great deal of human effort (and
> petrochemicals) to maintain.

You haven't been to our house!  We don't do anything but water
and mow.  Once it gets hot, we can mostly dispense with the
latter.  Our clippings are mulched right back into the grass.
Well, at least _some_ of it is grass.

It serves many purposes for us.  Firebreak, security buffer,
killing field (aka the dog's dismemberment shop of Randomly
Found Dead Things), car washing area...

-- Jim